Immigration and Visas

International students wishing to study in New Zealand must apply for and be granted a visa for study here. There are a very limited number of international students who will be granted a visa at this time due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Full details of immigration requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand,

Information about studying in New Zealand:

Note that if your visa status changes, you will need to notify us at BTI immediately. We will then need to take a photo/copy of your new visa or permit.

graduate in regalia

BTI international students are well supported and enjoy their time studying with us.

Immigration advisors

You may contact an immigration adviser licensed under the immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007. A register of licensed immigration advisers is available from the immigration Advisers Authority website at

You may seek advice from a person that is exempt from being licensed under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007. Information about who is exempt can be found at:

How much money will I need?

Immigration New Zealand requires evidence that you can support yourself while studying. Current information can be found on:

What do I need to apply for a Student Visa?

Check out:

All visa requirements for entry to New Zealand must be met by all international students. Guidance for your application can be found at:

Contacting Immigration NZ

Contact Centre (Toll-free from NZ landlines only): 0508 558 855 Auckland: 09 914 4100 Wellington: 04 910 9915 Rest of the world: +64 9 914 4100