Reflecting and giving thanks for the life of Queen Elizabeth II

September 9, 2022

On behalf of all in the BTI whānau I want to express our sadness and grief on the death of HRH Queen Elizabeth II. She has left a remarkable legacy, demonstrated all the fine attributes of servant leadership, and lived a deep and profound faith in the One she served. In that she reminded us what is truly important in life.As she herself expressed in a recent Christmas address :‘To many of us our beliefs are of fundamental importance. For me the teachings of Christ and my own personal accountability before God provide a framework in which I try to lead my life. I, like so many of you, have drawn great comfort in difficult times from Christ’s words and example.’‘For me, the life of Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, whose birth we celebrate today, is an inspiration and an anchor in my life. A role model of reconciliation and forgiveness, he stretched out his hands in love, acceptance and healing. Christ’s example has taught me to seek to respect and value all people, of whatever faith or none.’May she rest in peace and rise in glory.Dr Andrew ButcherTe Taiurungi

(Image credit to The Royal Family.)